September 19, 2013

Oh, books

Let me tell you....these days aren't the best of my life.
Looking for a job, having job interviews without any answer, standing next to my phone with the hope that it rings...well, it's not the best.
But these days have something good.
I read. A lot.
The smell of a new book that is different from the one of an old, the sound of the pages, the beginning of a new chapter...
Thanks to them, I go everywhere.
While I read, I think about the story and nothing else. I always identify with the girl-main-character, and, of course, Mr is the boy-main-character.
In this summer I fall in love with Fannie Flagg's books (Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, A Redbird Christmas, the one I loved most), because the places she describes, are exactly where I want to live.
I read about Sherlock Holmes's investigations, Ester Prynne's shame, MiMi's great heart...
Why do I tell you this?
Well, one of my cousins, Mrs Fogg, on Facebook, links a wonderful page... and the good of these days comes into my head...

via            

2 comments:

  1. I would be reading up a storm too! (: I love the smell of a new book, my kindle just doesn't do that. lol

    ReplyDelete